Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Colorado

To say this post is late is an understatement 
But hey...
better late than never!! 

I went to Denver on a whim
and boy oh boy am I glad I did 
We had a GREAT time! 


I LOVED spending time with my sweet cousin Kathryn,
she is the greatest 
I needed and so enjoyed quality time with my sister,
our hostess with the mostest 

We maximized on our time there
We did a whole lot in a little bit of time 

Day 1: Kathryn and I flew in, naturally were starving 
ate at Park Burger-if you are ever in Denver you MUST go...YUM
We got settled and went to Golden, CO for the Miller Coors Brewery Tour 
Very interesting 
Shelby then cooked us a lovely meal-delicious 

Day 2: Shelby had to go to class so Kathryn and I got to sleep in...
we so appreciated that-we were quite exhausted 
Shopped on Pearl Street
Shelby met us for lunch at Gaiya-another must 
Changed hurry quick 
Hike up to St. Mary's glacier-brr chilly 
Supper and sleep to prepare for the slopes

Day 3: Copper Mountain, CO 
Day at the Slopes 
Copper's 40th Anniversary = a little busy
Pizza pie skiing...guilty 
Extremely cold..like 12 degrees mountain top-yikes
Back home-super hungry 
Machete for supper
Christmas lights of Denver 

Day 4: Denver Day 
Brunch at Jelly-OHH yes 
Cold day in denver-high of 24 and WINDY
16th Street Mall shopping/walking/trying to stay warm 
Denver Fellowship Church 
Supper in Cherry Creek 
Pack to leave :( 

Day 5: Shelby graciously takes us to the airport bright and early 
Fly out of denver on time..check
Arrive in Nashville...and a 6 hour delay 
What do we do?! 
Of course, get a taxi and head into the city for lunch and shopping 
We finally made it home with smiles on our faces and stories to tell :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment