Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tired.

Isaiah 43:19 "Behold, I am doing a NEW thing. Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

Yesterday, my dear precious best friend Kristin gently reminded me that I have not blogged in TEN days...that is so unlike me so I do sincerely apologize! I guess it's 11 days now--woopsies :)
As you know Mom, Shelby, and I took a girls road trip out to Colorado to move Shelby out there. I was right when I said, I am not one for driving too much BUT I can honestly say that I have driven across the country AND that I would do it again with mom and sister...I just LOVED spending time with them. We stopped in Knoxville, Nashville (stayed), St. Louis, Kansas City, MO (stayed), and then finally made it to Denver. Oh did you notice that we made no more stops after Kansas City (only for food and potty), well that is because there is NOTHING! I am not exaggerating when I say you see the same thing for 600 miles...I don't recommend driving across Kansas! When we FINALLY arrived in Denver we got settled and boy was it chilly. High of like 45 ish and rainy/hail. We survived but of course it got pretty when mom and I were leaving. It was sad to leave seester but I felt very at peace about where she would be and although it will be a time of adjustment I can tell that she is happy and that Colorado is really where she wants to be so I am excited to see what NEW thing the Lord has in store for her life and am excited for her plan to beautifully unfold!
Mom and I got home late Saturday night and it felt so good to sleep in my own bed! I am in this very surreal place...I got home and was thinking, what next? I haven't had this kind of time since I don't know when! I was able to go up and see my precious little kindergarteners graduate and have gotten to see some friends which is always very encouraging but I am just tired. Why am I tired when I am not doing anything? It's not necessarily a sleepy tired but a weary tired perhaps. I am tired of people asking, what's next, I am tired of not knowing what's next, I am tired of everyone else's plans falling into place and mine is stuck in idle mode, I am tired of not having the community I had a school, & it's absolutely BIZARRE to me that I am not going back to Clemson come August, & I am tired of not feeling happy because of my uncertainty and I am tired of the devil being able to have that affect on me, and therefore, I am just plain exhausted. That all sounds terrible I know and I am joyful because I know that His ways are bigger than my ways and his thoughts are higher than mine. But I know and can rejoice in the truth that "life is not a snapshot, it might take a little time, but you'll see the bigger picture...its just the dark before the morning" and it cannot compare to the joy that's coming! :)
I am keeping my options open and I am just excited to spend some time at home for the summer kind of figuring out who the Lord wants me to be and where/how I can best serve and glorify him. I am helping with VBS coming up, taking classes at the YMCA, planning on spending lots of time at the pool with the Bolands (YAAYY), playing at the lake and the beach of course...so even though I am unsure of what's next, I don't want to take for granted this time that I can just 'chillax' for a while! Happy Memorial Day weekend all :)
Isaiah 40:29 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." 

No comments:

Post a Comment