Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Simple Things

"How I love the simple things; the simple things just are" 

  Have you ever taken a second to really look and enjoy what's around you?! We, as Americans, as Christians, as men & women, boys & girls, get so busy with life, to-do lists, chores, kids, job hunts, errands, whatever it may be, that we all too often take for granted the simple things in life! The past few days a few of those things have been brought to my attention that just bring so much joy and happiness to my heart! 
*Megan and I graduated Kindergarten, High School, AND College together...I'd say our families have been pretty tight over the past 18 ish years! 

  This weekend we spent back and forth at the lake and it was so much fun. But one of the things I loved most about the WHOLE weekend was sitting on the dock enjoying chatting with mom-simple! We both noticed how BEAUTIFUL the hydrangeas were all around us-simple creation! The purple martins that were flying around in their own little pattern chirping away-simple creatures! They eat mosquitos, did you know that? Thanks purple martins! Mom and I can laugh about NOTHING, be silly, and that she always knows what I am thinking-its a gift really! My WHOLE life everyone has said, you are little Wanda, you look just like her, act just like her, have the same mannerisms, the whole 9 yards. I have always taken that as a compliment but I am really beginning to see that it's SO true, I am my mother made over and I would not trade that for the world. Mom always knows what to say, is always honest, so wise, a great encourager, and always knows how to make me smile! It just does not get much simpler than that! We laughed over angel food cake and pineapple goo and I know I could not tell you why were laughing but we both LOST it for goodness sake! That's only a mom gift! 

  I got home today from exercising at the Y and got in the truck with daddy to help him do what he loves...something with big boy toys and round-up is all I know. :) But it was just plain simple time that I spent with daddy! We ate supper, just the two of us, watched some NCIS-not to mom's surprise I'm sure- and I just enjoyed being with my daddy. My daddy taught me to shag and this past weekend we shagged on the dock as a boat was passing playing some tunes-only the dancing didn't last too long because of course he pushed me right in! There is just something so special about a daddy-daughter relationship and I take for granted so too often the time I get to spend with him! Yes I am 22 years old but I still love to sit on my daddy's lap. Not too long ago I was upset, so dad said come sit on my lap and I did and it was an instant sense of comfort and I could feel the overflow of love coming from both Mom and Dad. There truly is nothing like a daddy, especially one has good as mine! What can I say...I am just daddy's little girl, his little princess!  

  It's these simple things that I take for granted but that bring me so much joy and I feel so blessed. Take time to relish in the simple things of YOUR life! Enjoy them and do not take any of it for granted. Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment