Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stepping Stones...

When I think about life, at least where I am right now...I feel like it is a serious of stepping stones. I am walking, taking one step at a time...sometimes the steps are slow and sometimes they happen a little more quickly, as the Lord slowly unveils the immaculate plans he has for my life. So as I step, stone by stone, it is my prayer that with each step I am being drawn to the heart of the Lord, seeking HIS will for me, and being eager to serve and glorify him! 

This past week has been kind of crazy but guess what...I am on the next stone! I got into grad school...HALLELUJAH, thank you Jesus! So I guess I can say I am somewhat out of limbo. I still do not have certain plans and I still don't have a job, but that is one blessing that I could not be more thankful for. I will plan to attend SC State beginning in the Fall for their Speech Language and Pathology Program. It is all at night so I am looking for a teaching job, either full time or aid, and will live in Columbia. Can you believe it, I will be a speech therapist when I am 25....yeeekkkk :) I know I am from Orangeburg so it may seem silly to live elsewhere but I know and my parents, who are beyond encouraging and supportive, know that as a young single girl, Orangeburg just does not have much to offer. I am excited to get plugged into a church in Columbia and get to know some people my age and really be involved. 

I just got back from a wonderful half-week beach vacation and let me tell you, I am just non-too pleased to be back! :) I got some MUCH needed friend time...I have missed them so much. There is a lot the summer still has to offer and I cannot believe it already mid June. We start VBS on Monday and I am the 4K leader for lots of little 4-5 year olds. Throw up a prayer if you think about it...I am sure I will need it! :) I am just a little bit, okay maybe A LOT giddy about being with children for a WHOLE week, it's been too long! 
* I miss these sweet girls* (I miss the rest of the class don't worry) 
My life still has lots of unknowns and uncertainties and that is OKAY! It is learning to work through those times of fear and really draw near to the Lord and actively surrender to Him. 

P.S I keep forgetting my camera EVERYWHERE I go so I am kind of picture-less but I will start snapping some photos...and they will be up asap! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment