Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trust.

Phew...I forgot how EXHAUSTED I get "working" with children! It is hump day and it certainly feels like a hump day...I am pooped! This is all too familiar. I remember the beginning of my student teaching feeling this exact way! I had to build up my stamina and then my body got used to getting up at 5:30 and hanging out with 5 year olds all day long!
*Who wouldn't hang out with my precious Kate Boland all day long* 

Since I am only at VBS from 9-12 (that's nothing right?!) I can atleast come take a nap afterwards. Haven't done it yet but I've said I was going to everyday :) My body just feels so weary. That is where VBS comes in..I am in desperate need to trust the Lord for my strength and endurance. Our VBS theme is called Son Surf Beach Bash this year and it is a lot of fun. The thing that has stuck out to me most is that we have been talking and singing a lot (Thanks Stacey, you are doing a great job-especially in your on stage element) about trust. Really getting into the motions too, can I get a shout-out for that Caroline Ford?! :)

How easy is it for us to not trust because we want things done our way and we want them done how we'd like them and in OUR timing. On the other hand, it is so easy to trust too. I am such a trusting person and it really is not always good thing! I can see someone in the store, on the street, etc. and it doesn't cross my mind to NOT believe what they are saying or doing. Mom always says: Trust no one until they have proven they are trustworthy. Good advice to have! How is it so easy for me to trust a complete stranger yet so hard for me to trust my sweet savior?

Trusting the Lord is one of those things that we have to continually remind ourselves to do because it is our human nature to hold on when God wants us to let go! Whether it is the next life step, jobs, children, the small things like breathing, walking, etc...we are called to trust in our sovereign God. Even though I want so bad to hold on with a tight fist, I am striving to loosen my grip, one finger at a time! Will you do the same?!

Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal." 

No comments:

Post a Comment