Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's Daddy Day!!!

Happy Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful father's out there! Thank you for all you do, for your love and support, for your encouragement and hard work! You are such a blessing!

Perhaps I am biased, but shout it out to the BEST dad in the world! Its true, I got him! Winning! :) There is something that everyone should know about my daddy and that is that he is so selfless. He puts all of us WAY before himself but more importantly He aims to serve the Lord in all he does.

Dear Daddy,

  From the beginning I have always been your little princess. I feel sure that I wanted to do everything just like you! Even hunt...you and I both know how that went, but hey it made for a cute photo!
I have always loved and still love sitting on your lap. I feel sure that we all just begged for your attention! You have taken us so many cool places and shown us so many cool things. Going to the beach as children and building sandcastles galore, boogie boarding and searching for sand-dollars. Yes we did buy you that shirt, "World's Greatest Dad," I can't really believe you wore it! :) Thank you for being proud to do it!

One of our all time favorite things to do as a family and just you and me is go to the lake. I can think of so many good memories at the lake, thanks to you! Learning how to ski, jet ski wars, being thrown off the tube, charleston trips...just to name a FEW! 

Through the years, I have always been your little baby girl. There has never been a time when I doubted your love for me and although I may have doubted that you really knew what was best for me, you always did! You have taught me how to love, have taught me what love really means, and I can honestly say that when the Lord has a future husband for me, I hope he is just like you! More importantly than ALL of the fun memories, the laughs, the tears, the sadness, the joy...you have instilled in me the truth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We have a sovereign God. Thank you for placing me on a firm foundation and for teaching me that the most important relationship we will have in life is the one with our sweet savior and the rest will fall into place...because he is sovereign! :) 
Thank you for loving me unconditionally, for treating me like a princess, and for being such a loving, encouraging, wise, and supportive daddy. I do not know what on earth I would do without you! I love you. Happy Father's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment