Thursday, September 29, 2011

Planning

Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a persons heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." 

I'm a planner
I am type A
I live by lists of all sorts and post-it notes galore

My planner is full of sticky notes here and there
If I didn't have that structure
my life would be a HOT mess

The part that just ruffles my feathers is...
my plans, notes, and lists just DON'T always go my way
It has happened oodles and boocoodles of times
yet I still continue to plan, plan, plan and make list after list

In the past couple of days,weeks, and months, Jesus has just been working through me in some super REAL ways
As hard as it is, my sweet redeemer has been ruffling my feathers right up and showing me that my plans are not his purpose


Effective planning is important and is very biblical!
On Sunday, our sermon was about planning and being successful in that! (I think Jesus knew what I needed to hear, ya think?)
There is a challenge with effective planning
Ensuring that your plans are serving both you and the Lord

Huh? You mean it's not all about what I want and how I plan it to happen
Ha-that's a funny joke! Does it ever happen that way?
No say I...

If I am being completely vulnerable, I usually lose the battle on this challenge.
When I plan...I think, how will this help me? How is this going to make me more successful? 
I am clearly missing a real big part of my planning equation...jesus! 

The bible says "don't worry about tomorrow" but that does not mean do not plan for tomorrow.
Plan for tomorrow but SURRENDER those plans to the one who is mighty to save, to the one whose thoughts and ways are higher, and to the one who is the author of the book of life...

No comments:

Post a Comment