Monday, March 18, 2013

Bold

Would you consider yourself bold in your faith? 
Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone to find out if someone knows Jesus?
Do you ask? 

I can't speak for anyone but myself and I know that more often than not
I tip-toe around if I'm not sure people know Jesus
Surely I can tell by their actions and I can set an example by how I live, right? 
That is not what the Lord has called us to at all 

It is Easter season
The time God gave his Son 
To die, to bleed, to suffer and be separated from the Father
for MY filthy rags 
Only to powerfully raise him from the dead
To display his power, compassion, love and grace 

I was blown away today by a sweet little 6 year old 
Ellie came with me to help with a school assignment 
She was such a rockstar and did an awesome job
We got back in the car 
Without hesitation, she said 
"Kendall, are you a Christian?" 

I couldn't help but smile at her willingness to be bold
She didn't think twice about asking 
She wanted to know if I knew the same Jesus she did 

I assured her that yes I was
We continued to have a sweet conversation about what it means to be a Christian
What Jesus did and what that looks like in our lives 
I loved hearing her stories about Jesus
The faith of a child-so tender and sweet with such trust in Jesus
What a reminder to trust in our God
Who is sovereign over ALL things 

Jesus spoke straight to my heart through Ellie's sweet spirit today
Thank you to a beautiful, loved, bold Ellie-bug

Will you be bold this Easter season? 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, you've got me crying on a Saturday morning! I am so proud of Ellie. She does love Jesus and her knowledge of Him has astounded me in recent months. To be so young, she knows ALOT and seems to "get it". I thank God for leading us to adopt and leading us specifically to Ellie - a little girl who had so many special needs listed by her name. Yet, 4 years later, she loves, knows, and lives boldly for Jesus. Miraculous! Thanks for sharing this, Kendall. Gotta go get a tissue: )

    ReplyDelete