Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring has Sprung

1 Samuel 2: 2-4 “There is none holy like the Lord;for there is none besides you;there is no rock like our God.Talk no more so very proudly,
let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge and by him actions are weighed.The bows of the mighty are broken,     but the feeble bind on strength."
We've had some crazy weather
hot, cold, rainy, cold again 

Sitting outside Starbucks with the cool breeze and sun shining 
I am praying that I can officially say 
Welcome Spring
I do love spring weather and the colors of the season
and lets be real, spring clothes 

These past few weeks have absolutely flown by 
They have been busy, a little overwhelming
yet still a sweet time of growing, laughing, and learning to be dependent on God alone 

Our sweet savior has been so sweet to meet me right where I am 
To lead me with love and grace 
To teach me what it looks like to live a life of freedom through grace 
and to rely on Him for my strength, contentment, and joy 

Let me be real, it has not been easy 
I am so easily swayed by the ways of the world
I want to figure it out myself 
Appear to have my life completely together, which I most certainly do NOT
and yet still  
I so easily fall into the performance trap
instead of living in light of God's grace 

It has been such a gentle reminder to recognize my need for a Savior 
When I try to "control" whats going on
it most often crumbles
When I depend on myself instead of being empowered by the Spirit
I fall-completely helpless

I'm so thankful for unconditional love
For GRACE
Because no matter what I do or don't do
The gospel says I am His, redeemed, counted blameless and righteous at the cross
 Praise Jesus!
Thank you Lord!

You can have all the right equipment to live a successful, victorious life, but without the Spirit’s empowering, you can’t live that kind of life. -Rick Warren 

Here is a little photo re-cap of the last few weeks! 
What an ELAMAGORGEOUS bride 


Love love LOVE these girls to pieces 

This family I adore and my favorite Easter picture of ALL time
Ben was not feeling those pictures :) 
Easter Sunday Funday-tissues, the latest in ear protection; cute, eh? 





Happy happy HAPPY birthday Court and My-Mich! 

It's wedding season y'all-what a great date I have 
No but really, she is the BEST
Thanks for all your wise words, laughter, & encouragement Madre! 

SIDE note: 
 It's been WAY to long since I have seen this girl
We are really sad about it 
BUT
2 weeks and I'll get to see dear Kristin's smiling face 
COME on April 19th for seeing Kristin and SEEESSTTERRRS Birthday! 
LOVE you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment