Friday, May 17, 2013

It's been a QUICK break

This past semester came and went SO quickly 
But let me tell y'all, I was ready for it to go
I mean REALLY ready 

I am enjoying school, really I am
But this semester was hard, exhausting, and just not super enjoyable 
Oh there were lots good things in there don't get me wrong 
However, I am thankful to have another one behind me 
Am pleased with the outcome and am ready for what's next 

What's next came pretty quickly to...Monday that is! 
We start back class on Monday-WHAT? 
Where did that break go? 
I was still doing therapy on M/W of the 1st week 
and this past real free week has been so nice it's just FLOWN 

Y'all the happiest part of this break, Kristin Louise Jensen
She came to Columbia Monday night and stayed through Wednesday late afternoon 
Best friend time, MUCH needed 
We just got to hang out, exercise, walk, lay by the pool, and catch up
So good for my heart
It had been way too long 
Thankfully, I will get to see her again in just 3 weeks 
Thank you Kristin! I LOVED having you here! 

Also during my break, I have had lots of time to just be 
All my friends are working-how no fun is that 
So I've been able to read, spend time with the Lord, and attempt to rest 
Sitting still for TOO long is hard for me (I get it from my momma)
But I have been reminded of just how important it is to rest 
To enjoy this time the Lord has given 
To choose joy and rest confident in his sovereignty

Praying that as I enter this summer of school and ESY 
The Lord would give me a joyful heart of gratitude 
That I would live life sure of His faithfulness  
That He would rock my world in unimaginable ways
as He draws me closer to himself! 

Psalm 62:1 "Truly my soul finds rest in God, my salvation comes from Him."
Happy Friday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment