Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gold Teeth :)

  Part of my student teaching semester is creating and teaching a unit for a subject or a theme. I chose to teach dental health and I taught my first lesson in the unit today! With it being my first week back after being so sick I am still a little low on energy and am trying to play catch up! Of course it would happen that this week my supervisor needed to come observe my lesson! So, being a little OCD, I was just ready for her to come and be caught up so she came today! My lesson went really well and was SUCH an improvement from the last one she watched which is always a good thing!

  Today we learned about keeping our teeth clean and healthy. We were doing a chart about the children already know about teeth and one little boy was just so excited to tell me what he knew about teeth...if only I would have known before what would come out of his mouth. With the most serious face he said you get them gold teeth without brushing them! I just could not help but laugh because that is of course probably what he has seen! Just put a smile on my face!

 I have found myself, over the past several weeks just so at peace with what I am doing! I was talking with my friend Molly this morning about how much more relaxed this semester has been compared to last! When teaching lessons last semester, they were so incredibly structured and I was always so much more nervous, whereas this semester, it has become much more natural. I have even found myself become much more relaxed...I am one who likes things done a certain way and with a structure to follow, but that is just not completely possible in our little kindergarten class. I have already learned so much about myself this semester and am continually learning so much! More dental health on the way...maybe even some gold teeth. :)
Molly and I are in this student teaching adventure together! Would not be able to make it through each day without this precious friend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment