Saturday, February 12, 2011

Welcome to Teaching...

    For the past 5 days I have been home sick with the Flu, yuck! My sweet parents came to get me on Monday night and let me tell you, I felt rotten! The flu will certainly knock you out for days and I am still feeling pretty weak and tired! As I was covering all my bases for being out of school, some of my supervisors first words were "welcome to teaching..." So there it is, the life of a teacher hanging out with 25 incredibly precious, fun, sweet, but germy children!

   During the week, while I was out, I found myself somewhat frustrated because I was missing out on SO much, I mean one week of Kindergarten is a WHOLE lot. I was supposed to do a lesson for my teacher to observe, that did not happen, I was supposed to have my unit plan somewhat underway, it is not, and I should have my lesson somewhat planned for my supervisor to come to next week....don't worry not even close to being thought of! Yes I could get crackin' on some of these things but I have been out for a week, I don't know what they covered and what we will cover. If you remember, my teacher doesn't write lesson plans or anything of the sort so I don't have that to fall back on so really I need her council in order to get anything done ;) So it looks like all of that will be on hold until Monday!

  Parts of me would love to just do what I want to do, but I have to continually remind myself that it is HER classroom, she is a fabulous teacher, knows what she wants them to do/learn, because most importantly she is getting those little ones ready for 1st grade! So not only am I having to learn to surrender to the Lord but also surrendering to my own will! I can get so bogged down in "what is" right now when I do not look at the whole perspective that this is just a page in my grand story the Lord has written for my life! I read a devotion the other day that was just so perfect! This little excerpt is really full of truth that speaks right to me...

"Today, I’m considering my life as a grand story. Good will triumph. The victory will be sweeter because of the struggle. Today is not the story. It’s just page 452. So I will press on, trusting in a loving and creative Author to bring about resolution. You see, I already know the ending – she lives happily ever after."
-Proverbs 31 Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment