Thursday, February 3, 2011

Break and Surrender

Proverbs 1:23 "Come and listen to my counsel. I will share my heart with you and make you wise." 

   What a week it has been! A long one that is for sure but it has certainly been a fun one! One more day until the weekend! :) I am enjoying my time at school and am actually finding myself ready to go back the next morning--what an answer to prayer! Thanks for all your prayers, support and encouragement! 

   On Tuesday I was reading Proverbs 1, for the first day of February, and verse 23 really stood out to me! I could not quite figure out why so my prayer was just for illumination over  the verse and for the Lord to speak to me! A lot of times I have a real hard time deciphering between my thoughts and the Lord's but the recurring part that continually stood out to me was "I will share my heart with you..." I have worked so hard at 'guarding and protecting my heart,' which I think is a good thing but there are always extremes to the "rules!" Out of fear of being hurt, I have built up walls around my heart that I have a hard time willingly surrendering all of my heart to our sweet savior, when in reality sharing ALL of my heart with him will only bring me unfathomable joy! 

  So as I was reading this verse the Lord was so clearly saying "Kendall, I am absolutely willing to put EVERYTHING at risk in order to share my heart with you and yet you will not do the same?" He wants to share his heart with ME, he wants me to know him, inside and out, and he wants me to see in every nook, cranny, and crevice of his heart! WOW--how cool is that the Lord not only really wants me to know him but he really wants to know me! That takes breaking down the walls of my heart and allowing it to be molded and shaped through the most perfect relationship I will ever have. That is my hope, prayer, and challenge...breaking and surrendering the walls of my heart to the Lord! Allowing Him to climb over the walls of my heart and bring me joy, peace, and love will create in me a heart willing to be captivated by Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment