Monday, January 31, 2011

Encouragement

Romans 1:12 "When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours!" 

   I am so beyond blessed for the amazing people I have in my life. This weekend and today I was overwhelmed with an abundance of encouragement. For starters, the weekend. I have the BEST, i really mean it BEST parents in the world. I know everyone says that but I really mean it and will happily lay out every reason why! :) It was saturday and when I got out of the shower I had a message from my dad saying that he and mom were thinking of coming to Greenville just to see Shelby and I! I wish I could put into words how excited I was! What spontaneous fun parents I have! :) It was just what I needed at the PERFECT time! Sometimes absolutely nothing will do but your parents/family and that is what I got! God is sovereign is all I gotta say! (Ain't it so Daddy :) We enjoyed a nice dinner and dessert, beautiful weather and most of all just enjoyed being with one another!
  Today, as you know, was my first official lesson, which turned into more of my first day of teaching. My teacher was out so I kind of took the reigns which was good for me and really helped me pinpoint areas I need to work on and where I can continually grow. Needless to say, I am quite tired and it will be nice to have Ms. Pruitt back tomorrow!  Anyhoo, I was a little nervous about my lesson (my supervisor came) and so I sat down to look over my lesson plan and I had a note from my precious roommate Kristin. For those of you that do not know Kristin, she is my best friend and I just love her to pieces. She has such a compassionate heart and a loving spirit. She will be the best nurse ever! (shhh don't tell the others :) She encouraged me with a bible verse and a little note that really just gave me a peace before I taught my lesson! I also had text messages and tweets (boo-boo) that were so encouraging! I taught my lesson and it went well, my supervisor liked it, thank goodness, but I definitely did struggle with the management/discipline. That will come with time but its something I will be continually  looking for what works and what does not as well as growing as a teacher. 


     Not fifteen minutes after I was home, I got a text message from Mrs. Leigh! Ahh I just look up to her so much and just love her family! She is a family friend from home and I babysit for them! She was a fabulous teacher (still is as she stays home with her children) and from the beginning has been willing to help, offered lots of helpful advice, as well as many many encouraging words! I am thankful for their family and what they mean to me!
 Are they NOT the cutest children you EVER did see?!? :) 

  All that being said, I am so beyond blessed with AMAZING friends and family! Such an answer to prayer that I have friendships that are in Christ and encourage me to surrender and seek him in all that I do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment