Saturday, January 22, 2011

Surrender

   As I journey through the semester of student teaching, a last semester Senior, and having NO idea where life takes me next I thought that this might be a good time to start blogging. This semester will prove to be exciting, trying, and most of all a great learning experience for yours truly. :)
  
    The Lord has really just laid on my heart the word SURRENDER lately. As I was talking with a friend about somethings going on with her, I gave her a bible verse about surrendering all to the Lord. As I was doing this, the Lord was clearly speaking to me and saying "hey Kendall, you should probably start doing what you are telling others to do!" Being in full surrender does not come easily to me, I am a very type A personality and I like to have a plan,stick with that plan, and be quite organized in the process. Little did I know, God was really going to rock my world!
  
    I do not know what the Lord's will for my life is and walking in His will is often quite difficult because I often want to go ahead and do what I WILL instead of just waiting patiently. In Psalm 46:10 it says "Be still...!" When is the last time that I was really 'still' and waited patiently for the Lord's direction in my life? It is not easy in the hustle and bustle of life and wanting to just go go go! However, Mark 14:36 just really spoke to me a few weeks ago and I am holding strong to that verse. It says " Abba, Father, ALL things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what YOU will!" If this is not a perfect picture of surrender I am not sure what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment