Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ready, Set, Race

Ready, Set, Race...
The words I will be hearing (or similar) in 22 weeks 
154 days 

It's official 
I am signed up 
Plans are made 
Looking forward to a girls weekend away in Disney World 
And my very first 1/2 Marathon 



My dear friend Courtney and I are running the race together
And maybe Kristin...we WANT you :) 
Mom, Mrs. Lisa, Mrs. Lee Ann and maybe others 
WHOA, it might take me 22 weeks to prepare for the crew 
All the laughter and fun--I can hardly wait 

(Bridge Run Race 2012)

As I was running today  
I realized that this endeavor, although I am looking forward to it
WILL be a challenge 

So here I am giddy, anxious, excited
Rallying the troops
I am going to need LOTS of prayer 

Request 1: I don't have a running partner here in Columbia
would love one
Request 2: Since I don't have a partner...
motivation and accountability 
Request 3: As my schedule is busy and often unpredictable 
Consistency in my running 
Request 4: Perseverance 
Request 5: Health, SAFETY and wisdom 

Thank you friends and family
Just keep running by HIS strength and grace:)  

Hebrews 12: 1-2 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and the perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right had of the throne of God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment