Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for the little things

It's that time of year
Fall is here
The holidays have officially arrived


And we ALL think about the many things we are thankful for
The emphasis to give thanks is now, but shouldn't that be a daily habit?
I think so...


I am guilty of it not being
However, I want to live life, each moment of each day with a thankful heart
Thankful for the little things that mean so much
How about you?


When I think about what I am thankful for I can't help but think about the little things along with all my blessings...
Here is my top 10 ( I am sure I could do top 100 but I don't want you to be reading forever)


1. I am thankful for our sweet Savior-goodness he is so gracious, just, forgiving, and loving when I am so undeserving. Thanks Jesus for your grace and love!
2. My Family-I'm convinced I have the BEST family in the world. Really, they are awesome! Last weekend we were ALL together, you heard me right-all 6 of us-I was one happy girl!
3. Friendship: Along with that great family I have some seriously solid friendships. Friends that aren't complacent, friends that love me enough to tell me the hard truth sometimes, friends that hold me accountable, friends that love me unconditionally, friends I can cry with and laugh with! Fun Friendships. Thanks Courtney, Kristin, Sarah Beth, Margaret, Molly, Charlotte, Lucy,Bets and Meggy. Love y'all!
-Could be a new one but i said 10 so i will stick in with this one :) I am thankful for new phases of life. They are hard and unfamiliar and sometimes they are no fun but this the start of something new the Lord is doing in my life! New friendships have come (Go Dawgs) and I am learning so much in my new, grown-up (bleehhh-it's so overrated) phase of life :) 
4. I have a job! It has its ups and downs but I am thankful
5. My little rascals-goodness my sweet little 4 and 5 year olds bring so much joy to my life. I just adore them
6. Running-I am so grateful I have legs (and lungs) that allow me to run and enjoy the Lord's beautiful creation. And keep me sane :)
7. Fall-It is my all time favorite season. Although we have had a bi-polar fall, I still love the changing of the leaves, the cool mornings, the warm sunshine. Ahhh wonderful
8. My church-I have a great sunday school class of girls and I am thankful for the beginning of something new
9. Home-I have a beautiful home, both in Orangeburg and Columbia, that keep my safe, secure, and warm/cool :)
10. Hugs and Smiles-silly I know but I love good hugs and a smile to brighten your day! Have you smiled at someone today? Given someone a hug? I tell you, its a little thing that I just love so much!


Be thankful for the little things that amount to BIG things! Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

1 comment: