Thursday, July 14, 2011

Not Ready...

Isaiah 41:13 "For I hold you by your right hand, I, the Lord your God. And I say to you,   "Do not be afraid, I am here to help you."

Being as vulnerable as I can be I will say that I am NOT READY to grow up! This past week has been great with a job and school, etc, etc, but it has all happened very quickly. Don't get be wrong...I am so excited and beyond blessed to have a job and be going to school!

Growing up means a lot more responsibility
It means I have to be a "big girl"
Growing up means entering a new phase of life

It's not that I don't want to, per say, because I know this phase will be just as exciting as the last, but being honest again...I am just terrified! Growing up is scary. I am just frightened to be "on my own." Although I won't be completely alone... but even the baby steps are hard! I am just not ready for it! But I guess as Dad would say...it's time to get ready!

It's happening so fasr and I am sure this fear won't just vanish and I'll have to work through it. I am just fearful when I know that I should have my whole trust in the Lord's plan for my life-even the tee-niny steps! Easier said than done. So for now, I'll be happy to admit that I am petrified, terrified, and just plain SCARED to grow up! However, I know and will rest in the hope that the Lord will hold my hand EVERY step of the way!

Isaiah 55:8 "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are FAR beyond anything you could imagine!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment