Saturday, July 9, 2011

Roller Coaster Ride...


Are you a roller coaster person? 
The ups and downs, the twists the turns, the stomach drops, the adrenaline!!! 
I certainly am but I don't know if I was prepared for this ride I have been on...
Buckle up, it's going to be a rowdy ride! 


Excitement kickin' in...I was offered a JOB! 
Keep clicking up...It is an aid job at East Point Academy-perfect since I will be doing school at the same time! 
Anxiety builds...we already had a staff meeting, phew, that was quick! 


Initial drop...Kendall, we are prepared to offer you the 1st grade lead teacher position.     WHAT?! (Shocked, elated, and did I mention shocked is an understatement here) 
Twist...More information than my weary brain can handle about the school and job
Turn...Overwhelmed at the capacity of all that is going on


UP...talking it out, starting to feel good, this is so doable, getting excited about this...I am going to have my OWN classroom (I have Leigh Boland in my back pocket, what more do I need) 
Down...Offer reconsidered. Our principle, in genuine concern for my mental and emotional health, is not sure I can handle lead teacher and graduate school at the same time! 
END...disappointed that the ride is over yet your adrenaline is still just a pumpin' cause you wanna know, what's next?!?! 


NEXT UP...Back to the beginning, Kindergarten teachers assistant. Looking forward to that whirlwind ride for the blue-eyed pandas at East Point Academy. 


...Tell me you aren't weary after ALL that. That has been my life, oh in the past 24 hours. Talk about an emotional/mental ride! 

...If I am being honest and vulnerable, yes I was shocked at the offer. Yes I didn't know whether to be excited or freaked out (I chose option B in case you were wondering) Yes, I started to get real stinkin' excited about having a classroom of my own. Yes, I am a little disappointed. BUT, yes I know that God is sovereign! 

No comments:

Post a Comment