Wednesday, April 6, 2011

7 Days and Counting...

That's right...SEVEN more days until I get a spring break. Can I get a hallelujah?!? :) As much as I have enjoyed the semester, I am not opposed to a much needed break! I was looking at my calendar and I really only have 4 more weeks with my precious kindergarteners. That makes me incredibly sad that I will not get to see their smiling faces everyday, hear their little laughs and giggles, and listen to their stories. However, I cannot think about that right now, I am thinking of the time I get to spend with them now and trying not to take one second for granted. Not gonna lie about it one bit but I am a little focused on the time I get to spend away from them--I do love them so much but I have come to REALLY enjoy the stillness and quiet! ;)

Spring is certainly in the air and our kids have SERIOUS spring fever! They are always absolutely crazy, but its been even more CRAZY (i did not think that was possible) over the past week or so. We had a field trip planned for last Friday (1st) and it got rescheduled because of rain and we went today. We loaded up and went to the Greenville Zoo. A very nice thing about kindergarten field trips, LOTS of parents come! Therefore, when we split up into groups, Crystal and I together only had 2 girls. 2 compared to 26---i could get used to that :) Just kidding...


The Zoo was a lot of fun and the children LOVED seeing all the animals! I think every single one of their favorite animals was the lion! When we were at the Lion exhibit, the lion stood up and pawed the window as our kids were standing there--it scared some of them but once they realized it was not getting them, they were absolutely fascinated. It was pretty cool, I must admit!
It's not obvious AT ALL that Carson liked the lion :) 

A great first Kindergarten field trip adventure but it certainly WORE me slap out! I am still feeling the effects today!! Enjoy the beautiful weather to come this week!
The zoo wore these little one's out also! 

No comments:

Post a Comment