Sunday, April 10, 2011

Like Jesus

Titus 2:11-14 "For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say "no" to the ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." 

I read this passage of scripture this morning in my own little church time and I found it so convicting, encouraging and comforting...all at the same time! WOW...I love when the Lord opens my eyes to different parts of scripture that I have just never seen before! He is faithful and sovereign to reveal himself to us EXACTLY when He needs to! 

This passage could not have come at a more perfect time! In my time of doubt, struggle, and just the unknown I have found myself in a pit per-say. This passage was convicting in that I have found myself fallings to the ways of the world-by thinking that doing it all myself and putting the pieces together with fulfill me and that I'll be able to do it alone! However, the GRACE of God...helps, encourages, and urges me to say "no" to the ways of the world. It assures me that when I fall, the Lord's grace is right there to pick me back up. It teaching me the ways in which I should live a godly life! The Lord's ultimate purpose and goal is make me more and more like Jesus everyday, to strive to do everything, take every step and breath every breath for His glory! 

Jesus was beyond reliant on the Lord's will for his life! He was willing to be put to death because that was the Lord's will and plan for Him so that I, Kendall, could be redeemed. Should it really be that difficult for me to be confident in the Lord's plan when I know that I have been redeemed and adopted as one of His own?! It should not be-doesn't mean it will not be--but I can take comfort in the fact that ultimately my sweet savior is trying to mold me, shape me into becoming more and more like him, each day, through each struggle, battle, doubt, and joy! I desire and yearn for that intimate relationship so that the Lord will continually reveal himself to me! My prayer is that each of us can be encouraged in the fact that we have been redeemed and the Lord desires to know us and for us to know him! Our identity is JESUS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment