Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I got called the "G" word...

Isaiah 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."    

Ironically enough today, exactly ONE MONTH until graduation day, I got called the "G" word! What is the "g" word you may ask...you guessed it, a GROWN UP! I do not like it one bit! I frankly said, I am not a grown up YET--i have at least a month before I'm  officially a college graduate and surely I'm not even a grown up then, right?!



The thought of growing up really is scary! But it is like any other phase of life. I graduated high school and I was fearful to enter a new phase and it turned out to be STUPENDOUS! There are a lot of unknowns going on right now about where I'll be as a grown up. I found out this week that I did not get into graduate school at USC and although that was and is disappointing, I am confident in knowing that the Lord's ways are bigger than mine and that is simply not where I am supposed to be right now! I will wait to hear from SC State, however, in the meantime I will be looking for a job! Eeeekkk...a big girl job-I don't know about all that! Please no?!?!?!?! So as I am fearful now, I do know that the Lord will mold me and shape me in this new very unknown phase of life as a "grown up!" But I can hold fast the the everlasting promises the Lord has given me!

On another note...I'm sorry but this weather is so stinkin' beautiful. It is hard to be inside when it's so gorgeous outside. Good thing my spring break is in TWO days! Wooooo Hoooo. We have been talking about spring and Easter this week and have done LOTS of fun things. We dyed eggs today, are having an egg hunt tomorrow, and have done so many fun work stations...all spring/easter related of course. I have just got to tell you the funny story of the day:

     Carson (whom I love dearly but he is EXHAUSTING and just drives me crazy to be quite honest) raises his hand as we are reading "The Most Wonderful Egg" with a very important question...according to him. As Ms. Pruitt and I are probably rolling our eyes and sighing "yes, carson" he, as serious as he can be says...."well, do you think it hurts the hen when she has to squeeze that egg out of her?!?" I'm sorry...completely caught off guard we could not think of anything to do but laugh. We laughed until we both had tears streaming down our face! Ms. Pruitt answered with..."she (the hen) does it a lot so it probably does not hurt her." Oh my stars, that was the start of a 20 minute laughing/crying spell for the two of us, we just could not even look at each other or we'd start laughing...and someone had to finish the book! Made for a good laugh when we are just trying to make it until Friday! :)


** The pictures are from the Zac Brown Band concert that I went to with a group of friends on Saturday night! It was on the lawn in Clemson and it was absolutely one of the most fun nights! The concert was great, the friends were even greater, we laughed and sang, and just had a big ole time!***

2 comments:

  1. Kendall,

    I am so proud of your attitude about grad school--the Lord has SO much in store for us in this time uncertaintly!

    Your blog is, often times, so encouraging to me :), THANK YOU!

    LOVE YOU MEAN IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say future Beth Moore.... I think I have a good idea what God has in store for you - you are such a Godly encourager.... you will make a big impact on others you know when you're all grown up :)

    ReplyDelete