Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rejuvinated

Being on spring break was absolutely stupendous, I just did not want to have to come back. Now that I am back, it has been wonderful and busy of course so sorry its been so long...I'll do my best to catch you up! :)

Break, what a good time of rejuvenation, time to unwind, and mentally prepare myself for the rest of the semester, which is so not much longer! I just love being at home and yes, over break I was able to spend time with my WHOLE family...Mom, Dad, Shelby, Evan, and Reed. That does not happen often so when it does...this is one happy girl! About to graduate from college, I cannot believe it, I have just been reminded about how thankful I am for each member of my family. Dad for teaching me how to love and what it really means to be a servant of a sovereign God, Mom to be there for words of wisdom and really understand and believe in the power of prayer, Shelby (seester) for being there to answer my zillion questions and to remind me to enjoy the simple things in life, Evan (brother) for laughing at the most inopportune times, for being so goofy, and hearing him talk about how the Lord has worked in his life the past year, Reed (baby brother) for always being there, he has a huge heart and just cares so much about me and all of us! He is also the one to remind us of the fact that yes, school can wait...don't you know hunting and fishing ALWAYS come first :) 

I am thankful for them for MANY more reasons but those are just a few. Easter might be one of my favorite holidays...yes mom will think I am copying her because it is her favorite holiday, but one thing I like about it is the real deep meaning of the holiday. AND ,it has not become so so so commercialized that everyone can enjoy their families and reflect on what it really be means to be saved by the blood of Jesus. Goodness, if it was not for Jesus dying on the cross, the grave NOT being able to hold him, and showing the world his power by rising from the dead, we would all be living in a sad sad world my friends. How stinkin' cool that he did that because he knew that there would be a Salley girl named Kendall that would be broken yet redeemed by the blood of Jesus! 

One of my absolute favorite things to do in spring/summer....you guessed it, being at the lake! I have grown up spending a whole heck of a lot of time at the lake and there is no place I'd rather be. I had friends and family there and could not have been happier. Yes, the water was ridiculously freezing but we had a blast nonetheless! 

Got back to school to my precious kindergarteners, whom I missed dearly, I didn't think I would miss them as much as I did. :) We've had a busy week...field trip to the strawberry farm yesterday, which was a BLAST and the strawberries delicious, field day tomorrow, and working on Mother's day stuff...makes for a busy week. We made homemade ice cream today with our strawberries..yummy! The children LOVED it!! 

Lots of exciting things coming up these next few days and weeks so I'll be sure to keep you posted. Happy Hump Day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment