Monday, April 4, 2011

Doubt.

"In Christ alone, my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song"

Have you ever doubted what will happen next? Doubted the Lord's plan for your life and maybe just been a little scared of what is next? I certainly have been struggling with that lately. I have had a GREAT last four years at Clemson and I am having a hard time grasping that the Lord is ready to use me in a new phase of life! It is an exciting yet very scary time in my life...

I am graduating with an early childhood education degree and if you did not know teaching jobs are SLIM! Ultimately my goal would be to do speech therapy in a school system with precious itty bits. I applied to two graduate schools, one for which I am on the waiting list for and one I have not yet heard from. The fear of the unknown is definitely present in me, which is when Satan can so easily get me and make me doubt the Lord's plan. If I thought my life has been good up until now, I can't imagine what GREAT things the Lord has for me in the years to come.

It does not do me any good to worry about the future, because that is me defying and questioning the Lord's PERFECT, get that perfect, without flaw, plan for me and my life. The future is not here right now and it is not mine to worry about. If I am surrendering my life to the will of the Lord, I am placing ALL that I am in His faithful and trustworthy hands.

My prayer is that my sweet Savior will guide my steps and that I will learn to trust the Lord in the face of uncertainty with my future, my fear of the unknown, my doubt. Let's spend our energy enjoying RIGHT NOW, being vessels for the Lord, lavishing in his love and grace instead of wasting that energy with worry, doubt and anticipation.

Isaiah 43:2-3 "“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior” 

No comments:

Post a Comment