Friday, March 25, 2011

Stay.

How easy is to flee when things get hard, uncomfortable, or challenging thinking it, whatever it may be, will be easier that way and that it can be simply forgotten. False truth my friends, that is Satan trying to tempt us to move away rather than STAY right where the Lord wants us so he can mold and shape us into who He wants us to become! It is when we stay that we will learn an abiding love for the Lord and the friends and family that surround us!

The bible tells us of some many people of old that stayed through the conflict, the struggle,
the persecution and the suffering of the sake of the Gospel! Paul went through so much but he never left, although I'm sure he wanted to at times, he longed to stay so that the Lord would be glorified.

What brought this on? I can pinpoint so many times that I have just escaped, mentally or physically, a situation because I thought that was the "easy" way out! What I have learned is that, God is sovereign and WILL work everything together for the good of those who love him. I have also learned, the hard way, that those things we flee from can often have consequences! We are not perfect, we will ALWAYS make mistakes, we will make poor life decisions, we will have our hearts broken and be disappointed, but through our weakness the power of the Lord shines through! How stinkin' cool?

The challenge for myself and for you is to stay through the pain, the conflict, the struggle, and the challenges that life brings us so that we may ultimately be all that the Lord wants us to be! That we make ourselves vulnerable to be molded and shaped! Will you stay?!?!

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 For he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment