Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What Love Really Means...

"I will love you for you
Nor for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew" 
-JJ Heller

That is the last lyric of this great song but in the beginning chorus it says "'cause nobody has shown me what love, what love really means." The first time I heard this song all I could think about what how thankful I am that I have parents that have exemplified what love really looks like, what a functional, stable, solid, LOVING relationship in Jesus looks like. I have friends that have absolutely no idea what a stable relationship looks like and that just breaks my heart! 

For those of you that do not know my parents, they are beyond amazing! They are fun and make me laugh! They give the best hugs! They are supportive and caring. They are encouraging. They are passionate. They love me for ME. Unconditionally. They urge me and challenge me in my relationship with Jesus. There is no doubt in ANYONE's mind (that has known them for 20 years or have just met them) that they love each other SO much. Most importantly they love the Lord with all their hearts!

I am just encouraged by their relationship and am very thankful that I have a stable relationship that shows me what love really looks like! No earthly relationship is perfect, they require a lot of work, but when the foundation is Jesus you have all the strength, encouragement, grace and power you could ever ask for! Mommy and Daddy, thank you for loving the Lord with all of your hearts, for making him the priority in our family and for showing me what love really means! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment