Sunday, March 6, 2011

We All Fall Down...

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" 

Jesus came as the perfect example for all of us! He showed how to live in the way that is going to bring him honor and glory. However, each one of us is a sinner and cannot possibly meet up to the standards that God requires of us! We are all sinners and we all fall down. 

I started thinking the other day about sin and what that looks like in day to day life. Often times our sins are very subtle that even we do not recognize and other times we can get caught up in bigger sins. Such small things like doubt, jealousy, and envy are things that I do not think of as being sinful, but they are not urging me to be more like Jesus! Life happens, disappointment comes and mistakes are made. God hates sin, despises it, yet he sent his ONLY son so that we, as sinful people, can have life and have it to the FULL (John 10:10)

I do not always make the right decisions and I certainly don't have it all together! I am trying to learn to look at my life, really dig down deeply to see where the sin hides so that the Lord can mold me and shape me into who HE wants me to become. That is a process and that process is often learning from the decisions and mistakes we make. My prayer is that the Lord would examine my heart and purify me so that I can become more like Jesus. For now, I will work on repenting and knowing that the Lord says "you are forgiven" and know that is grace covers a multitude of sins. 

"We all fall down, Life takes us out, The Sky starts spinning, when our heads get above the clouds, the higher we fly the harder it feels when we hit the ground." -Darius Rucker-

No comments:

Post a Comment