Saturday, March 12, 2011

School News

Well it has been a while since I have really given a full detail school update! Besides the fact that it is really consuming my life, I really am just loving it, I am enjoying teaching, I am enjoying spending time with each and everyone of those precious children, and I am really enjoying my teacher. From the beginning of the semester when I thought it was going to be the LONGEST semester ever, was extremely uncertain and hesitant,  I have done a complete 180 and it is now FLYING by! So we'll break the detailed update up piece by piece starting with my teacher :)

Well we are still different, however we have found a connection in our difference, we work well together, and I have just really enjoyed getting to know who she is! She is a great teacher and I have learned a lot from her! Although she is not quite the planner that I am, I have found a way to work with that! My full time is pretty much starting up, so I'm trying to work on planning some fun things (input and ideas are SO welcome) and yet have the confidence to try some new things and really "take over!"

Now those precious children! Oh they are just so stinkin' cute they CANNOT help themselves. However, there are a few that just absolutely grate on my nerves but I love them anyway! I have to pray for some serious patience with those :) They have connected with me and they are really seeing me as their teacher now as well! I have been struggling with one little boy named C. He is just simply out of control! We have support from his parents about his behavior, he needs to be on medication and his parents know that but just do not want to start that at such a young age. He does not think I am his teacher, only Ms. Pruitt is his teacher so he does not have to listen to me or the aid! (that is what he told his parents) That has been a struggle because as much as I tell him that and I enforce the rules for him, it just does not click that I too am his teacher! Arg, it is quite frustrating and I am pretty positive I saw his name in my sleep because we say it so much throughout the day, all of us! We have a new boy that is also just out of control, I am beginning to dream his name also...welcome to kindergarten-especially with 26 of them! It is certainly never quiet and they never hush but I have learned to live with the loudness but more importantly to appreciate the silence!

All in all it has turned out to be a very enjoyable semester so far and I do not want it to end but it is certainly going by quickly! I am learning to live for each moment and am really trying to make the most of each opportunity I have! Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful weather and have gotten to spend some time outside! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment