Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's been awhile...

It's been awhile since I've done a lot of things
Like update my blog.
Life has been pretty hectic
pretty challenging, extremely overwhelming
very stressful and quite the roller coaster ride...

BUT
through all of this I really have learned a lot
I have been tested a whole lot
I have really struggled to trust and surrender
and I have really had to rely on the Lord for my strength

I am so weak at this point, however
I am confident that the Lord's overwhelming power and strength
is made PERFECT in my abundant weakness.

Why has it been so overwhelming...
let me give you the abbreviated version of my life as of the last few weeks

Living: I am loving life in my house in Columbia! It is so precious and it just says "welcome home." We have actually named it "The Doll House," cute right?! I could not be more thankful for my sweet roommate Sarah Beth. Although we do not see each other that often, because we are both busy first year teachers, we are able to encourage and support one another well! 


Grad School: Phew, were classes overwhelming this past week but I really think I am going to enjoy school. I know it will be challenging and that I will have to practice time management like no other but it's possible. So thankful I have my great friend Courtney to go through this journey with me! Let me tell you a little story: Tuesday was a particularly rough day for me and when I went to class on Tuesday my teacher was such an answer to prayer, just what I needed that day. Isn't it cool how the Lord does that?! She loves Jesus, she is HYSTERICAL, and she was so inspiring. She so wonderfully reminded me that we are at a phase of life that we are swimming up stream and there will be time to rest but what is at the end is worth the swim. 


East Point Academy: WOW, has work been quite interesting. First let me tell you that I am 500% positive I have the most precious children EVER! Really, they are so stinkin' cute-not an exaggeration. I have taken on a lot more responsibility than intended but I know the Lord would not give me anything I cannot handle. So I will learn to get in the swing of things and will try to do it all with a smile on my face because I am working for the Lord not men! (Colossians 3:23) 


Life: Overall life is a journey right now. A ride of ups and downs but I am thankful for this time the Lord is breaking me down in order to build me up and make me into the woman he has called me to be. This weekend my dear best friend Kristin came down for the weekend to visit. I cannot tell you what that did for me...just to have her HERE! We didn't do much of anything but her just being here did wonders for me! I am so thankful for her friendship! 


Still working on getting in the swing of the things and this new phase of life and I will do my best to keep you updated as often as possible :)

Philippians 4:13 "I CAN do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment